What is a high school equivalency (HSE) diploma and what can I do with it?

An HSE diploma is an alternative pathway to graduation (formerly known as the GED®). It will give you greater opportunities for life after graduation including college and career training programs. If you already have a job, an HSE diploma will expand your career options and your earnings!


What are Referral Centers?

Referral Centers are your one stop for all of your education related questions. We can help you enroll in free HSE programs, and/or explore high school alternatives. We can also provide referrals to various support services such as counseling, career training, and substance abuse treatment.


What is Pathways to Graduation (P2G)?

P2G is a free District 79 program that prepares students ages 18 – 21 to take the TASCTM exam (formerly known as the GED® test), earn their HSE diploma, and advance to college and career opportunities.


Traditional high school didn’t work for me. How is P2G different?

At P2G, we provide students with more than classroom instruction. P2G teachers have classes in very diverse settings such as hospitals, non-profits, community centers and high school buildings. Our counselors will help you build the skills you need to succeed in college and the workplace. College and Career Coaches will help you plan for the future. Our Workforce Development program offers professional training and paid internship opportunities.


I’m over 21. How can I earn my HSE diploma?

If you’re over 21, the Office of Adult and Continuing Education can help you earn your HSE diploma. Find more information at www.oacenyc.org.